Applicants must possess the ability to:
- Retrieve materials from inside and outside the library.
- Sort, shelve, shift, file and inspect materials.
- Direct patrons to the appropriate service desk.
- Assist in gathering various statistics.
- Work independently.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Requires knowledge, skill and mental development equivalent to the completion of a high school education.
Basic knowledge of routine library functions and procedures, ability to stand, walk, and/or stoop for long periods of time; ability to lift up to 35 pounds; ability to push/pull loaded carts in excess of 75 pounds; understanding of the Dewey Decimal System and alphabetical systems and the ability to apply those systems to library materials; ability to interact pleasantly and effectively with staff and patrons, ability to work accurately in a changing environment with frequent interruptions.
Employment applications are available online at: www.northbrook.info/about/jobs
Northbrook Public Library is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Submit cover letter, resume and application to: email@example.com