The Warren-Newport Public Library, a Chicago Tribune Top Workplace, is looking for a Part-Time Security Monitor who:
- Is a High School graduate with a background in Customer Service and/or Security work.
- Has well-developed oral communication skills and excellent customer service skills.
- Proven experience working with the public, including children and young adults.
- Able to work with a culturally diverse population.
- Has a calm and confident demeanor with proven consistency.
- Able to analyze and resolve sensitive public relation matters with limited supervision.
As a Part-Time Security Monitor, responsibilities will include:
- Regularly patrols all public areas and library grounds. Observes activities and notes potential problem areas.
- Enforces the library's standards of public conduct. Advises supervisor or person-in-charge regarding action taken.
- Serves as first contact for police if there is an emergency/problem that warrants being called.
- Communicates/documents serious or repeated violations of behavior policy by individuals, and any other serious incidents or problems. Issues violations of standards tickets and bans individuals for a specific amount of time – attempts to get photo of banned individual.
- Checks in registered meeting room users; monitors rooms and enforces meeting room policy.
- Assists Facilities staff with meeting room setups.
- Assumes responsibility for closing and securing library building.
- Performs emergency maintenance tasks (i.e., snow removal, restroom cleaning, etc.).
- Tidies public areas: returning chairs to tables, placing books on carts, picking up litter, etc.
- Attends and participates in staff, department and other job-related meetings.
- Performs other duties as assigned
Applications are available at www.wnpl.info under About>Job Opportunities or at the Checkout Desk. Please include a resume, cover letter and a list of references with application. No phone calls or in-person inquiries.