User Support Specialist Associate
Responds to users to resolve problems associated with the Library's applications and services primarily at Mudd Library, but also at the Main libraries. Diagnoses problem source through analysis, testing and discussions with users and peers. Provides support for Library staff and public desktop computing environments running Windows and OS X, including installing, diagnosing, repairing, maintaining, and upgrading desktop hardware and software, to ensure optimal workstation performance. Coordinates with other user support staff, system admins and project managers to resolve problems. Follows up with users to ensure problem resolution and develops supporting documentation of all activities. Responsible for providing support for Library active learning classrooms and group study spaces as well as MakerSpace.
- Recommends application changes to address frequent support issues encountered by users.
- Recommends changes to processes to increase efficiency and effectiveness of applications.
- Plans, schedules and coordinates with other technical groups to work through project deliverables, issue resolution or service fulfillment.
- Develops documentation for all support activities and problem resolutions. Focus is on public technologies and services supported by IT.
- Attends training sessions and meetings regarding updates and/or enhancements to organizational area's applications.
- Communicates with Library staff concerning needs and enhancements to public computers and attends user meetings to gain knowledge of users' evolving business.
- Drafts training documents and trains users, staff and students on use of applications and services such as 3D software, imaging and wireless displays.
- Creates basic project plans showing tasks, sequence and people resources.
- Provides troubleshooting/triage assistance to users in a courteous and professional manner.Responsible for answering and responding to incoming Technical Support calls and /or e-mails regarding desktop problems
- Recommends solutions to general problems, questions and inquiries encountered by clients according to established practices.
- Installs, configures, tests, and maintains end-user (staff and public) workstations, printers, and related hardware and software in order to deliver a stable desktop environment.
- Provides printer support for both staff and public printing
- Updating and deploying print drivers
- Works with vendor to manage public printing and scanning. Coordinates changes with Windows sysadmin engineers
- Coordinates with internal and external technical support personal to resolve internal reported issues.
- Performs onsite analysis, diagnosis, and resolution of complex desktop problems for end users and recommends and implements corrective solutions as needed.
- Manages technologies in Library active learning classrooms spaces and group study spaces including Creston equipment and wireless displays.
- Provides support and maintains 3D printers and scanners for Library MakerSpace
- Provides support for the OneButton studio and Lightboard room
- Reviews and resolves service outages.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Successful completion of a full 2-year course of study in an accredited college or university leading to an associate's or higher degree; OR appropriate combination of education and experience.
- No experience required.
- Communication: Balancing listening and talking; communicates effectively one-to-one and in groups; writes precise, well-organized emails and proposals while using appropriate vocabulary and grammar; gives clear and manageable instructions.
- Organization: Plans, organizes and schedules in an efficient, productive manner; anticipates contingencies and pays attention to detail; targets projects or initiatives that require special attention and focuses on key tasks when faced with limited time and/or resources.
- Multi-Tasking: Demonstrates ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Efficiency: Planning ahead; managing time well; anticipates contingencies and pays attention to detail; targets projects or initiatives that require special attention and focuses on key tasks when faced with limited time or resources; thinking of a better way of doing things.
- Collegiality: being helpful, respectful, approachable, and team orientated; building strong working relationships and a positive work environment.
- Problem Solving/Analysis: Breaks down problems into smaller components, understands underlying issues, can simplify and process complex issues, understands the difference between critical details and unimportant facts.
- Willingness to Learn:Strong desire to develop and grow in knowledge and experience; learn new programs and technologies
- 1-2 years' experience in technical support, or user service, in an information technology environment or other relevant experience required.
- Experience as both an end-user and administrator in service areas such as user support, desktop support, help desk management, and documentation or other relevant experience required.
- Basic knowledge and experience supporting computer desktop Operating Systems such as Windows (Windows Vista/Win7/Win2010).
- Successful completion of a full 4-year course of study in an accredited college or university leading to a bachelor's or higher degree
- Experience with 3D printing and scanning
- Experience with Crestron Technologies
- This position may require occasionally lifting and moving of IT equipment that could weigh up to 20 pounds.
Visit NUHR and search for Job ID 32677