The Lake Bluff Public Library is seeking a friendly and customer service-oriented worker to help staff our busy front desk and assist with a variety of tasks in our Circulation and Reference department. The ideal candidate will be a creative problem solver who can think on their feet and thrive in a busy and constantly changing environment.
- Checkout and locate materials for patrons at the front desk.
- Promptly and accurately answer a variety of patron questions.
- Troubleshoot basic problems with the public computers and equipment (resolving printer jams, saving information to flash drives, etc.)
- With training, answer reader's advisory queries.
- Two years of college or current enrollment as a college student is preferred.
- Familiarity with basic computer operations and Microsoft Word is required.
- This position involves a high level of contact with the public: excellent verbal communication is a must.
- Previous library or customer service experience is not required, but will be considered favorably.