Come to Fremont Public Library and help us grow our Public Relations Department! You'll work with a full-time PR Coordinator to create the library's bi-monthly newsletter, program posters, brochures, flyers, and media for social media and the website. We welcome a collaborative approach to producing our promotional media and appreciate creativity combined with excellent time management skills. The bulk of the time in this position would be working independently on assigned projects with an eye on deadlines and a sense for consistent branding and style.
General Job Description:
Performs entry-level professional work providing illustration, layout and design services using professional design software. Prepares digital files for press or web and related duties as required. Responsible for the creation of library brochures, and other promotional and marketing materials. Responsible for the layout and printing of the newsletter.
- Assists Marketing & Public Relations Coordinator with the creation and implementation of library handouts and materials such as newsletters, flyers, brochures, website images, forms, handbooks, manuals, bookmarks and posters.
- Creates the newsletter, with the newsletter committee and the Marketing Coordinator as lead editor.
- Provides an adequate supply of forms, handouts, etc. as requested by other departments
- Participates in the creation of library-wide promotional displays
- Maintains supplies in the graphics department
- Maintains graphics files both physical and online
- Creates library-wide signage notifying public of Holiday closings, out of order, emergency exit floor plans, etc.
- Attends regular continuing education seminars relating to tasks and objectives; attends and participates in graphics committees and meetings.
- Reports to the Assistant Director for general employee and scheduling needs.
- Works under the guidance and supervision of the Marketing & Public Relations Coordinator.
- Minimum of an Associate's Degree in Graphic Arts, Graphic and Web design or related degree from an accredited institution.
- Demonstrated ability using desktop publishing and graphics software and able to provide a portfolio of your work.
- Experience working under and meeting deadlines preferred.
- Personal computer fluency in Windows, MS Office and Adobe Creative Suite required, particularly InDesign.
- Understands methods and techniques used to effectively adjust, correct and convert pre-press digital files created in various software applications
- Ability to prioritize and initiate, plan and coordinate multiple projects.
- Superior oral and written communications skills; fluent in English
- Personable, with good professional image, good planning and organizational skills
- Manual: able to operate computer keyboard and mouse.
- Visual: able to detect colors in all their hues, and read a computer screen.
- Communication: Fluent in English, both written and oral. Able to communicate with co-workers in person and over the phone or chat.
Submit via email a cover letter, resume, and online portfolio (if available).
No phone calls, please.