The Technical Services Paraprofessional performs basic cataloging, classification, and processing of library material. The candidate has excellent communication and computer skills and is able to set priorities and work independently. Must meet physical demands of the position - bend, stoop and reach above eye level and lift at least 25 pounds.
Priority will be given to qualified candidates who have experience working with Innovative's Sierra product and who are familiar in a consortia LLSAP environment.
Possess a bachelor's degree, an LTA with job appropriate library experience or currently enrolled in an LTA program with experience in cataloging.
- Supervises, trains and evaluates Technical Services staff and volunteers establishing work priorities and monitoring work production
- Handles the data entry (must be system certified) for the library
- Processes library materials as necessary.
- Maintains periodical subscriptions and renewals
- Attends job appropriate workshops, classes and meetings
- Liaison with the Library System's Automation Department on all data entry issues
- Performs other duties as requested.