This team member will:
• greet and direct customers at service desks,
• provide basic instruction to customers regarding different services and technology offered within the department,
• provide customer account transactions, card applications, and material searches, and
• utilize several modes of communication such as call center interactions, e-mail, IM, and text to resolve customer inquiries.
• an exceptional customer service focus,
• a general understanding of library services,
• effective problem-solving abilities with a variety of customers,
• knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite,
• a completed High School diploma or equivalent, and
• a minimum of 2 years of relevant work experience.
Requirements and Skills:
A high school diploma or equivalent. Two years of relevant work experience.
Hours, Salary, and Benefits:
This position is scheduled for approximately 19 hours each week (including day, evening, and weekend hours). Flexibility in scheduling is a must for all team members. Rate of pay is $13.24 per hour.
About the library:
Our renovated, 21st century library is a busy, friendly place that supports lifelong, active learning, and an appreciation for creativity and innovation. Customers of all ages and interests visit our library, expecting to find excellent and informed service, programs and workshops that enrich and inspire, and spaces designed for private work and group collaboration.