The NWSC Librarian helps develop and maintain a growing collection of resources for the NWSC library. The successful candidate will provide support to a wide range of services, including but not limited to, maintaining library patron services; managing circulation and inventory of all library materials; and tutoring students, faculty, and staff in the use of library materials. Must be able to take on other duties as required.
The librarian reports to the Associate Dean of Academic & Student Affairs. Responsibilities include the following:
- Think analytically to develop and organize library collections, including physical and online resources using the College system (Surpass).
- Organize processes for managing patron restrictions, missing books, and recording statistics.
- Oversee interlibrary loan agreements and I-Share participation.
- Guide patron use of library services.
- Train library assistants as well as NWSC community (faculty, students) on a periodic basis.
- Answer reference questions.
- Assist in development of the College learning management system (LMS).
- Assist in College community ID card.
- Participate in College social media activity.
- Participate in any required staff meetings and training sessions.
- Abide by the rules, regulations, and standards of NWSC.
Please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.