- Are you a people person?
- Do you have a rabid curiosity?
- Do you want to join a great library staff?
The Flossmoor Public Library is looking for a passionate, knowledgeable and dedicated candidate to join our team-oriented staff and serve our charming community. If customer service is your passion, this job is for you!
This position requires an enthusiastic, service-oriented individual who will assist the reference librarians at the Adult Services Desk by handling basic patron inquiries, helping patrons with computers and other equipment, fielding phone calls, and other duties as assigned. Salary starts at $9.72 per hour, depending on qualifications. The position is approximately 11 hours per week, weekend and evening hours only.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- One year of library or public service work experience
- Established computer skills.
- Experience with Microsoft Office programs, including Excel, preferred.
- Must be able to bend & stoop, and reach up to 70 inches.
- Applicant must be able to work three weekends per month.