The Circulation Associate is responsible for performing tasks and assisting patrons at the Circulation Desk, in addition to shelving and organizing the Library collection.
• Charges and discharges Library material.
• Issues and renews Library cards.
• Collects payments for fines, fees, and other services.
• Answers and directs patron inquiries by phone or public service desk.
• Performs clerical tasks such as filing, typing, copying, etc.
• Sort, shelve, and maintain shelf order of all Library material as required, either alphabetically or numerically.
• Assists patrons with computers, copiers, and other Library equipment. Troubleshoots problems and notifies appropriate staff of complex issues.
• Processes interlibrary loan transactions and hold requests.
• Processes and catalog serials.
• Other duties as assigned.
• High school diploma or working towards completion.
• Previous experience in a library, clerical, or other public service environment preferred.
Please submit resume along with the Green Hills Public Library District employment application, which can be found at greenhillslibrary.org/about/employment.