Youth Services Clerk
Full Time or Part Time:
25-30 hours a week
- Greets and assists Library users in the Circulation areas employing effective customer service skills.
- Performs all Circulation area functions effectively.
- Assists phone callers.
- Shelves, shelf-reads and organizes collections.
- Processes overdue notices.
- Responsible for Library opening and closing procedures as assigned.
- Informs Library users of Library Conduct and Borrowing Policies, enforcing them when appropriate.
- Assisting the Youth Services Librarian with storytime and other Youth Services programming.
- High School diploma or equivalency preferred
- Spanish speaking proficiency preferred.
- Library skills sufficient to accomplish the duties listed above, "transferable" skills, or the ability to learn those skills. In particular, the ability to learn the use of the Dewey classification system, and other Library procedures is required.
- Computer skills sufficient to perform the functions of the online catalog and circulation modules of the Library's automated Library system.
- Excellent public service skills are essential.
- Good clerical skills are required, including keyboarding.
- Experience with youth literacy, storytimes or early childhood education is preferred.
Open until filled
Ida Public Library
320 N. State St.Belvidere , IL 61008
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org