The Green Hills Public Library District is looking for a Facilities Assistant to provide general cleaning and maintenance of the Library building and grounds. This is a highly physical job, requiring repetitive lifting of tables and chairs. We are looking for a self-motivated individual who can work with minimal supervision, follow a list of directions and use good judgment in contacting the supervisor when necessary for additional instructions. The ideal candidate will be able to complete all tasks related to their shift within their allotted hours with thoroughness and an attention to detail.
Essential Job Functions:
- Sets up rooms for programs
- Performs landscaping duties including planting, weeding and watering.
- Changes light bulbs
- Painting and General Repairs
- Removes snow and ice from sidewalks and spreads salt on sidewalks
- Notifies Facilities Manager of needed maintenance, repairs, and supplies
- Replace supplies as needed
- On call for building emergencies and alarms
- Performs other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- General knowledge of cleaning materials and tools
- Ability to follow written and oral instructions
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to work and communicate effectively with staff and public
- Requires High School Diploma or equivalent
- Ability to work flexible hours including weekends
- Available for on-call emergencies
- Valid driver's license and access to a vehicle are required
- Experience in general building maintenance and repair preferred
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, the following represents the physical and environmental demands of this position: this position requires approximately equal amounts of time spent standing and walking. Lifting, pushing/pulling, and carrying of objects weighing up to 50 pounds is sometimes required. Climbing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, twisting, and bending are sometimes required. Audio, visual, and verbal functions are essential to performing this position.
Interested parties should submit an application and resume to: