The Addison Public Library currently has openings for two part-time Children's Services Specialists, 17 hours/per week, including some evening and weekend hours. The ideal candidates will be knowledgeable of children's literature and child development, will be skilled in reference interview techniques, and have the ability to work and communicate effectively with the public and fellow library staff members. The Children's Specialists report directly to the Children's Services Coordinator.
- MLS from an ALA-accredited institution preferred.
- Two years experience working with children required.
- Enrollment in an ALA-accredited library science graduate program may be considered in lieu of degree requirement.
- Bilingual skills, especially Spanish or Polish, preferred.
- Access to transportation required.
- Provide patrons with assistance in accessing a broad range of informational and recreational resources and services.
- Provide reader's advisory services, reference assistance and bibliographic instruction.
- Develop and present library programs and training opportunities which fully support the mission of the library and meet the needs and interests of its juvenile patrons.
Please submit resume and cover letter to Louise Dimick at email@example.com .