We are currently seeking an enthusiastic, creative and customer-service focused Librarian to join the Youth Services Team.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide reference and reader's advisory services for birth through 8th grade
- Develop, plan and conduct library and outreach programs focusing on Kindergarten through 5th grade
- Work with and develop partnerships with local schools, community organizations, and special interest groups targeting homeschool families
- Develop, maintain, and promote collections of materials
- Contribute to maintenance of social media, webpage, or Intranet for Department
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Works collaboratively as a member of a team and independently with minimal direction
- Knowledge of library practices and procedures
- Knowledge of books, literature, periodicals, and audiovisual material for children up to grade eight.
- Knowledge of reference, reader's advisory, use of online public access catalogs, Internet resources, on-line databases, and emerging information technology and tools
- Knowledge of the principles, practice, and theory of collection development including selection, deselection, and evaluations tools and methods
- MLIS or equivalent from an ALA accredited school
- One to three years working with children or teens in an educational setting
- One year Librarian experience
- One year customer service experience
Hourly Rate/Hours Worked
- Starting at $20.60, salary dependent upon qualifications
- Full-time, Days, Evenings and Weekends
Medical, Dental, Disability and Life Insurance, Vision, Flexible Spending Account,
Employee Assistance Program, Illinois Municipal Retirement Fund, 457 Plan,
Eligible for Vacation, Sick, Personal and Holiday time off.
Equal Opportunity Employer