Fountaindale Public Library District, which proudly serves the diverse community of Bolingbrook, Illinois, is seeking an individual to perform all duties necessary to provide effective patron access to materials, with concentration on material returns, sorting, shelving, shifting, straightening and weeding.
Our Amazing Aide team is looking for a few good people to join their ranks. The team prides themselves in keeping up a 24 hour turnaround time on shelving our materials. As a member of this team, you will learn to set up carts of materials, you will shelve on all three floors of our magnificent library and be trained to work with our state of the art Automated Materials Handling system. Great atmosphere of friendly, helpful co-workers.
- Provides consistent, gracious and friendly service to internal and external customers.
- Understands and enforces library policies and procedures while safeguarding intellectual freedom and patron privacy.
- Performs all duties for maintaining library collections as assigned, including the shelving, shifting and straightening of materials. Recommends library materials for withdrawal or repair based on condition. Restocks displays as needed.
- Locates and retrieves materials for daily Request to Fill list. Processes and routes materials to other departments, to patrons and other libraries as needed.
- Retrieves and checks in materials from internal and on-site external book drops as well as Automated Materials Handling (AMH) system bins. Sorts materials onto carts for shelving.
- Prepares and shelves patron hold materials for lobby and Drive-Up pickup.
- Performs basic functions of AMH system including preliminary troubleshooting.
- Assists patrons at the Drive-Up service window as well as patrons throughout the library in locating services and/or materials.
- Monitors deliveries to building using intercom system. Signs for deliveries and informs library staff as necessary.
- Prepares and submits required statistics in keeping with the policies and procedures of the library.
- Participates in library committees for special events.
- Performs other miscellaneous duties as assigned.
Education: Entry level position. Two years of high school required.
Skills: Office & Library Ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks. Ability to arrange materials in call number (alphabetical and numerical) order. Basic knowledge of productivity suites. Ability to exercise reasonable and independent judgment and discretion. Ability to adapt to and effectively implement change. Ability to effectively use a variety of tablets and similar devices.
Communication Communicates effectively in English, both orally and in writing. Speaking skills in other languages, particularly Spanish, is a plus. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationship with staff and public. Ability to stay calm and effective in difficult situations. Ability to empathize and relate to the needs of all patrons and visitors to the library. Ability to adapt to change.
Physical Requirements: The physical requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the functions of this job. Physical requirements include: good speaking, hearing and vision ability, ability to push carts of library materials weighing up to 100 pounds frequently, lifting materials weighing up to 50 pounds occasionally and up to 20 pounds frequently. Will require standing for prolonged periods of time.
Please visit the library's website at www.fountaindale.org for additional information and application. To apply for this position an Application for Employment is required. Applications can be sent directly to the library to the attention of Human Resources, 300 West Briarcliff Road, Bolingbrook, IL 60440 or emailed to email@example.com.
No phone calls please. Equal Opportunity Employer.