All RAILS member library staff from all types of libraries are encouraged to attend to hear the latest RAILS news and to share their library news.
- RAILS' My Library Is... campaign, designed to help libraries of all types and sizes to tell their stories and articulate their value to library stakeholders, including current customers, potential customers, funders, administrators, colleagues, etc.
Learn about the debut of our new campaign website, where we'll share toolkits, CE opportunities, videos, talking points, and more. RAILS members will also be able to share their best practices, success stories, etc. via the site.
You'll also learn about the new focus on telling the library story for our CE Event Grants and Partnership Grants and what's coming next with the campaign.
- Latest news about RAILS' grant to recreate the L2 member database/CE events calendar and the need for members to update their L2 information now
- What's happening with revised system membership standards and efforts to streamline the information we gather from members
- New efforts to help the unserved in Illinois
- Explore More Illinois cultural attractions pass program and how your library can get involved
- You'll also hear reports from our members, including:
- Cooperative efforts to share planning and resources for the 2020 Census, and how you can get involved. Illinois stands to lose at least one U.S. House seat and about $120 million a year if our census count drops just 1%. A fair and accurate count is of vital importance to libraries and the communities we serve. Learn how to connect with (or launch) your area's Complete Count Commission, apply for funding, and plan to address the challenges of the hard-to-count populations in your area.
- Evanston Public Library's work with community partners to create a community dementia resource center with the help of a RAILS partnership grant.
- Toni Preckwinkle Storytimes for Cook County Public Libraries
All attendees will be invited to share their library news as well.
You can attend the update at a variety of videoconference locations or via one-way streaming video (RAILS Live). Don't miss the fun; register today!