Explore tools and resources library staff need to conduct an effective genealogy reference interview plus basic search strategies and case studies to help hone your skills.
* Conducting a reference interview
* Search tips for identifying basic genealogy records
* Online resources for starting a genealogy search
* Case Study
* Conducting a successful genealogy reference interview
* Understanding what makes a record useful to genealogists
* How to find basic genealogy records online
Tina Beaird is a Genealogy/Local History Librarian at the Plainfield Public Library. She has been lecturing on genealogy research, archival preservation, and Illinois history at national, state and local conferences for 12 years and researching her own family since 1993.
This webinar is approximately 90 minutes in length and was originally broadcast on September 27, 2016.