Any academic, public, school or special library located within the RAILS service area is eligible to apply for membership. Acceptance is subject to the approval of the RAILS Board of Directors and the State Librarian.
Benefits for our member libraries include:
- Interlibrary delivery
- Continuing education/professional development
- Access to consulting services
- Shared catalog support
- Savings through group purchases and vendor discounts
To apply for membership in RAILS, follow these steps:
- Read the RAILS Membership Requirements
- Complete the RAILS Membership Application
- Have library's governing authority complete and sign the appropriate section of the RAILS Library Agreement (see below).
- Return membership application and library agreement to:
Reaching Across Illinois Library System (RAILS)
125 Tower Drive
Burr Ridge, IL 60527
The completed application will be presented to the RAILS Board of Directors. If approved by the Board, your application will be sent to the Illinois State Library for final approval.
Note: The RAILS Membership Application is not the form for the Illinois State Library's Library Certification process during the first quarter of each calendar year.