Reaching Across Illinois Library System (RAILS) Social Media Comment and Posting Policy
The Reaching Across Illinois Library System (RAILS) utilizes various social media tools to present matters of interest to RAILS members and others. The following is intended to inform users of the policies for posting comments and other information on all RAILS social media websites/pages.
RAILS reserves the right not to post or to remove any comments, photographs, links, or posts that it deems to be inappropriate, including:
- Posts containing personal attacks, insults, profanity, obscenity, threatening language, or harassment;
- Posts that discriminate against specific individuals or groups on the basis of race, religion, national origin, or any other unlawful reason;
- Spam and commercial posts;
- Content that violates a copyright, trademark, or any other law;
- Private, personal information about an individual, group, or entity published without consent of that individual, group, or entity;
- Comments that are not relevant to the original topic, and
- Content in support of or opposition to political campaigns or ballot measures.
The RAILS Executive Director or his or her designee reserves the right to deny access to any/all of our social media sites for any individual who violates this policy or applicable laws, at any time and without prior notice. Further, RAILS reserves the right to amend this policy at any time, without notice.
Please be advised that content or posts on RAILS social media sites that relate to RAILS business may be a public record subject to disclosure under the Freedom of Information Act and retention under state records retention laws.
APPROVED by RAILS Board 4/22/16