All RAILS offices are closed, and no system deliveries are made, on the following observed holidays:
- New Year's Day - Tuesday, January 1, 2019
- Memorial Day - Monday, May 27, 2019
- Independence Day - Thursday, July 4, 2019
- Labor Day - Monday, September 2, 2019
- Thanksgiving - Thursday, November 28, 2019
- Christmas Eve - Tuesday, December 24, 2019
- Christmas Day - Wednesday, December 25, 2019
- New Year's Eve - Tuesday, December 31, 2019
- New Year's Day - Wednesday, January 1, 2020
- Memorial Day - Monday, May 25, 2020
- Independence Day - Friday, July 3, 2020
- Labor Day - Monday, September 7, 2020
- Thanksgiving - Thursday, November 26, 2020
- Christmas Eve - Thursday, December 24, 2020
- Christmas Day - Friday, December 25, 2020
- New Year's Eve - Thursday, December 31, 2020
Emergency (Weather) Closings
We have five separate facilities located throughout the RAILS area. If we close any of these facilities due to bad weather conditions, we'll post a special alert on the RAILS homepage as soon as possible after the decision to close has been made.
To receive RAILS Alerts (including weather closings) via email, visit your Mailing Lists page and select the RAILS Alerts subscription.
For Delivery services, if a RAILS building is open, the Delivery Manager at each RAILS location will decide if any routes at their location will be canceled due to weather conditions. The primary factor in deciding whether a route is canceled is the safety of RAILS Delivery Drivers. RAILS will contact all libraries affected by delivery route cancellations as soon as possible.
RAILS has email lists that are used to notify members of any changes to your library's delivery service, including delays due to weather, route changes, cancellations, etc.
To report that your library is closed for the day due to weather (or for any other reason), go to the Library Closings page.
Meetings at RAILS Service Centers during Inclement Weather
If you plan to attend a program/meeting at a RAILS service center on a day when the weather is questionable, please make sure that you are registered for the program/meeting in L2 if this is an option. Also, please check for alerts near the top of the RAILS homepage. Alerts will tell you when a RAILS building is closed and therefore a program/event is canceled for that location.
If you are the coordinator for a program/meeting that is going to be held at a RAILS service center, please make sure that you provide an emergency phone number (other than the phone number at your library in case that building is closed) where you can be reached in the event of a weather emergency.