How to Update Your Reciprocal Borrowing Policy in L2
RAILS member library directors or designated staff members are encouraged to update their library's policies in the Library Learning (L2) Resource Sharing Policy Directory. Perhaps the most appropriate person to update these policies is the person responsible for interlibrary loan and/or reciprocal borrowing at your library. It is especially crucial that your reciprocal borrowing policy is posted, to show that your library is operating in accordance with the RAILS Resource Sharing Policy (ratified by the RAILS Board on July 1, 2011).
To post your updated policy, please visit www.librarylearning.info and follow these steps:
Sign in using the email address associated with your Library Learning (L2) account and your L2 password. (While signed in, please ensure that your personal profile information is up to date.) To update your library's Reciprocal Borrowing Policy:
- Look up your library building by clicking Libraries in the upper right corner
- Type in the name of your library and click on the correct linked entry below
- Check your library's record and staff list for accuracy. You may edit your policies (or post them, if you haven’t already done so) by clicking Edit Resource Sharing policies under More Info on the right
- At the top of your page, click the link that reads, Upload your ILL Lending and Borrowing Policy documents here
- Browse your computer for your policy file and upload it to L2. Click Submit.
Please send questions about L2 and Reciprocal Borrowing Policies to susan [dot] weinmann [at] railslibraries [dot] info (Susan Weinmann), RAILS Resource Sharing Manager.