Water Emergencies Workshop in Freeport
When Water Emergencies Strike Your Collections: Response Training and Workshop
An Illinois Collections Preservation Network (ICPN) Workshop
Monday, July 9, 2012
Freeport Art Museum, Freeport, Illinois
9:30 a.m. - 3:30 p.m.
An Introduction to Preparing for and Responding to Disasters at Your Institution
• Salvage Techniques (Bronwyn Eves, ICPN Project Manager; Sharon Welton, Director, Campbell Center for Preservation Studies, Mt. Carroll)
• Water Emergency and Disaster Preparation: Developing a Plan
(Patricia L. Miller, Executive Director, Illinois Heritage Association)
Mitigating and Eliminating Hazards
• Emergency and Disaster Response (Patricia L. Miller)
Disaster Response Team
• First Responders: Kevin J. Countryman, Freeport Fire Chief
• Salvage Exercise (Bronwyn Eves, Sharon Welton, Patricia Miller)
Specific materials: Non-paper
Specific materials: Documents, Books, Audio-Visual Materials Salvage
This free workshop includes lunch. To register, contact Bronwyn Eves at 217.524.0498 or beves [at] museum [dot] state [dot] il [dot] us.
The ICPN is supported by a grant from the Institute of Museum and Library Services. Lead partners are: Illinois State Museum; University of Illinois Library; Abraham Lincoln Presidential Library and Museum; Campbell Center for Historic Preservation Studies; Chicago Public Library; Illinois Emergency Management Agency; Illinois Heritage Association; Illinois Humanities Council; Illinois State Archives; Illinois State Library; Macomb Public Library; Morris Library, Southern Illinois University at Carbondale; University of Chicago Library; University of Illinois Fire Services Institute; and University of Illinois Spurlock Museum.