Position Title: Virtual Services Coordinator
Position Summary: Under the direction of the Associate Dean and in cooperation with faculty librarians and library management, the Virtual Services Coordinator develops strategies for implementation and delivery of library virtual services to the students, faculty, and public. The incumbent will also develop strategies to deliver digital services and engage the library's user.
- Ensures along with the College's Webmaster that all Library web services and virtual resources are integrated and designed for ease of use and convenience of patrons.
- Develops online tutorials/learning modules.
- Develops integrated and innovative services for students and other PSC library users.
- Performs assessment of virtual resources and services.
- Utilizes analytical tools and accesses research to understand customer behaviors and increase the number and length of visits to virtual library resources.
- Develops content for the Library's websites in conjunction with Communications and Marketing.
- Promotes and participates in staff and student training for new virtual services and strategies.
- Promotes engagement with students, faculty, staff and community members through digital tools.
- Compiles useful library statistics and creates reports.
- Uses a faculty developed, uniform curriculum to provide classroom, small group and individual information literacy instruction.
- Provides reference service in the absence of faculty librarians.
- Assists in formulating, revising, implementing and interpreting library policies and procedures.
- Monitors, analyzes and recommends improved workflow.
Working Conditions/Physical Requirements: Employee is primarily subject to indoor work and infrequently subject to work outdoors. Work is of a medium nature and infrequently requires moving objects up to 50 lbs.
Equipment/Tools Used: Employee requires a working knowledge of the Integrated library system, the online catalog and Microsoft Office. Employee utilizes computers and appropriate software, printers, copy machines, scanners, projectors, microphones and general office equipment.
Position Type: Managerial
Status of Position: Full Time
- ALA Accredited Master of Library Science, Master of Educational Technology, Master of Human/Computer Interaction or equivalent.
- Experience with a wide range of virtual services tools (may include: screen capture software, adobe creative suites, eBooks, libguides, video editing software, podcasting, etc.
- Demonstrate strong oral, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Work experience in a community college setting or other institute of higher education.
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs other duties as assigned consistent with the role of this position.
- Participates in the professional advancement of the discipline, professional growth and development opportunities, as well as participates in meetings with faculty librarians and library staff.
- Promotes a student culture of content creation, creativity and a passion for learning.
Location: Chicago Heights, IL
Anticipated Work Hours and Days: Monday-Friday 8am-4:30pm.
Posting Date: 03-05-2012
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
Preferred Deadline: April 13, 2012
Apply Online: http://prairiestate.peopleadmin.com/applicants/Central?quickFind=50644